Along with our battens we offer a variety of end caps as well as our Rocket Tensioner System which doesn’t only serve the purpose of keeping the batten in the sail pocket but also gives you a clean and easy way to tension your battens from the aft end to the desired shape and position.
RBS ROCKET TENSIONER
The RBS Rocket Tensioner was developed with the coordination and cooperation of several top sail designers.
Lightweight and low profile it was designed for a clean and easy way to tension both flex and compression battens from the aft end.
Never lose another batten out of the pocket while sailing again!HOW IT WORKS
- The rocket tensioner was designed to be used with a spectra loop.
- Tensioning the batten will apply pressure to the line or webbing keeping the batten in place.
- To work properly the batten should be trimmed up to 2” or 50mm from the actual length. If you need to trim the batten, always trim from the aft end.
- For easier installation back off the tensioner screw around 1/2” or 13mm to be able to place the loop or webbing on or off.
- The tensioners are supplied with a 1.750” or 44mm length stainless steel screw that allows approximately 1.250” or 32mm of adjustment.
- Tested for up to 500 lbs of load. (ex: a CB19350 diagonal head batten will produce roughly 700 lbs of load and should not use a tensioner)
TENSIONER USAGE CHART
|15 X 7.6||All 15mm battens|
|19 X 6.7||19160-19265 battens|
|19 X 8.9||19300-19350 battens|
|10 X 5||up to 10200|